- Consider buying the book; Adopt without Debt. This is one of the best resources for affording the adoption process.
- Garage Sale. Solicit donations from friends and family to help host a multi-family garage sale. Consider advertising that you’re fundraising for a special cause – you never know who you’ll meet along the way!
- Host an Online Auction. Reach out to your favorite authors, restaurant owners, stores, and artisans to donate gift baskets or gifts certificates for an online auction.
- Host a Consultant Party! Reach out to your friends who are consultants for different MLM companies to host a hassle-free party in person or online party! Make sure you work with a consultant who will donate a percentage of sales toward your adoption.
- Sell T-Shirts. There are a variety of online sites you can create a t-shirt fundraising campaign. Consider the t-shirt slogan. You may receive a better response if you don’t make the t-shirt specific to your family or your adoption. The more general your slogan is the more appealing it may be.
- Create an Etsy Shop. Create a shop for homemade items. If you have a special skill-set offer custom designs and sell them online.
- Sell Homemade Goodies! Do you have a garden? Are you skilled at baking? Sell your talents and what’s on hand!
- Host a taco night or a pancake breakfast. Reach out to your local church or community center to see if they are able to donate a space for you. Ask local restaurants if they’re willing to donate food or materials for your event.
- Sell Coffee! Most households have coffee on hand. Why not have them buy it from you? Check out this organization that helps you do just that!
- Adoption Crowdfunding. You’ve heard of websites like GoFundMe. Check out AdoptTogether, an online site for adoption donations.
- Personal Fundraising Letters. Send letters to family, friends, co-workers, and church members explaining your needs, goals, and offer different levels of donations. Consider setting up an online adoption fundraising profile for donations to be easily made online.
- Message in a bottle or Baby bottle change jar. Ask friends and family to fill up a bottle with coins and return it to you to help begin your fundraising.
- Adoption Prayer Bracelets. Invite others in on your journey by selling prayer bracelets.
- The Love Tree. Around the holidays have a small tree with different ornaments. Each ornament has a different donation amount.
- Puzzle Piece Fundraiser. This is a visual representation of other people helping bring your family together! One piece at a time!
- Offer Community Services. Mow lawns, Photography sessions, Car Detailing services, Cleaning services, Carpentry, and more!
- 5k Run/Walk.
- Bike or Walk-A-Thon.
- Zumba Fundraiser.
- Bake Sale.
- Cookbook Fundraiser.
- Parents’ Night Out.
- Bingo Night.
- Car Wash
- Movie Night
- Freezer Meal Fundraiser
- Painting Party
- Karaoke Night
- Take on an Extra Job
- 52-Week Savings Challenges
- Cut Bills/Monthly Expenses
We know that adoption journeys look different for every family. We also know that the expenses of adoption can make this journey very challenging. We hope this list provides assistance to creating a beautiful new chapter for your family!